Enrich your childbirth and postpartum experience with education using relevant, current information taught by seasoned educators.
Modern Childbirth Classes
You'll learn how to:
- Meet your goals
- Connect with your partner, family and care providers
- Make your best decisions for your baby
- Find the most current research on childbirth practices
Up to date media is employed using real couples, cutting edge research and first hand experience at every hospital in the Brevard County/Melbourne area.
Brevard Doulas educators hold a minimum of 5 years experience teaching childbirth classes in hospitals, high schools and privately.
They combine textbook education about labor with first hand knowledge of local standards with practical, hands on wisdom from working with numerous families in the labor room. This is an experiential, hand-on, engaging curriculum!
- How do I know I'm in labor?
- When do I go to the hospital?
- What should I expect when I'm in labor?
- What if I don't want an epidural?
- What if I do want an epidural?
- When can I have sex again?
- Will I get the "Baby Blues"? What are the "Baby Blues", anyway?
- Should I write a birth plan?
- What should I put in my birth plan?
Parenting classes cover:
- Feeding choices and methods (Breastfeeding? Formula feeding? Pumping?)
- Diaper Changing
- Safe Sleep for everyone
- Nursery preparation (The Must Haves and the Nice to Haves)
- Soothing a Baby (Why won't my baby stop crying? How can I comfort my baby?)
And now, a Grandparents Class!
You have the wisdom of already raising a child; now you can share your wealth of knowledge to help with the newest generation! Learn what's new, and what is still the same. You'll be the savviest grandparents on the block!
Need more information? Send a message!
Call: Staci 321-405-2229 or Lydia 321-749-3252
Complete Childbirth Private Class:
- Enjoy learning about having your baby, in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- This complete private class is scheduled in 2 or 3 sessions, according to your preference.
- Education will be tailored to your own unique goals and circumstances.
"Lydia's class was awesome! She is well-spoken, extremely knowledgeable, and concise. She does an excellent job taking each section and making it easy to understand. We recommend her classes to everyone!"
We offer the following additional topics privately in your home:
Hypnobabies Birth Rehearsal (after completing the Home Study Course)
Preparing a Birth Plan
Spinning Babies guidance
Planning for Postpartum